Contentsquare's Data Comparison takes place as one of the key milestones in your Contentsquare implementation process.
Here are the three key steps to your implementation Data Comparison journey:
Step 1—Finish reading the sections below to learn about Data Comparison basics and processes
Step 3—Create and submit Contentsquare Data Comparison files (.csv) from your third-party analytics tools using these instructions
Data Comparison Basics
What is Data Comparison?
Data Comparison is Contentsquare's process for comparing key metrics (Pageviews, Sessions, # of Transactions, and Total Revenue) collected from your site using the Contentsquare tag over a period of time (5-7 days) to your existing data analytics in order to ensure directional alignment.
Why do we compare your data?
To establish data trust. With a strong foundation of trust, you can confidently take action based on Contentsquare's insights to drive your business objectives.
What is directional alignment?
Directional alignment is the main goal behind running a Data Comparison. The comparison ensures that Contentsquare's data is trending in the same direction as your current reporting sources within a threshold of 10% variance for pageviews, revenue, and transactions, and 20% for sessions.
Data Comparison Process
1. Once the Contentsquare tag is installed, download, fill in, and submit Your Data Comparison Questionnaire
- Be sure to first download the form before filling it out
- Email the completed form to your Implementation Manager (or Support Agent if you are post-implementation).
2. After the tag has collected production data for 5-7 days (depending on your traffic volume), create and submit two .csv files from your current third-party analytics tool using these instructions.
3. With the questionnaire filled out and the requested data file .csv’s in hand, the Contentsquare implementation team will then generate a Data Comparison report, analyze it, and present any key findings.