Google Analytics (GA) is a free data tool used to consolidate data from different sources and share aggregated results. This connector gives you the opportunity to import your GA segments into Contentsquare and use them to filter Contentsquare analytics.
Before you can begin setting up your connector you will need to:
- Be a Contentsquare admin
- Implement a snippet of code on your site
- Have a Google Account with access to your Google Analytics account
- This account should have 'Analyst' rights
Set up your GA Connector
1. Go to the console > 'Accounts' > 'Projects' and select the project you want to create your GA integration for
2. Click on the 'Integrations' tab and '+ Add new integration'
3. Search for 'Google analytics' in the catalog and click 'Add integration'
3. Read the Pre-Requisites and click 'Add'
5. Click 'Sign in with Google' and log in to your GA company account (or individual if necessary).
6. Set your parameters (all fields are mandatory),
- Select the segments you want to import
- Enter the "csMatchingKey" dimension into the custom 'Custom Dimension' field (created by following the instructions in this documentation).
- Click 'Add integration'.
7. The integration will have a 'Pending' status while the request processes and a 'Turned on' status when it is available to use.
How to edit segments
1. Click the '...' view more options menu and select 'Edit'
2. On your 'Edit Google Analytics integration' page you can:
- Update your credentials in case the ones previously used are not valid anymore
- Change the Google Analytics source (property, view...)
- Update the list of segments that are synchronized from GA
3. When you are finished updating your parameters click 'Save'