Why do the number of sessions between Adobe Analytics and Contentsquare not match?
- There is a specific Adobe limitation that occurs when a variable reaches 500,000 unique values. That data is then bucketed under "Low Traffic" when it reaches the threshold, meaning that identifiers falling in that bucket cannot be accessed to match Contentsquare sessions. This mechanism results in a form of random sampling on the Adobe side past the 500,000-threshold, and this sampling gets more aggressive after 1,000,000 unique values. You can change the limit threshold by contacting Adobe, as suggested by Adobe in their documentation.
- More generally, you will always observe some gaps when you compare the number of sessions for a segment. These discrepancies are normal and do not prevent you from performing meaningful analyses in Contentsquare. If you observe discrepancies of more than 20%, you can contact support for investigation. The discrepancies are due to a variety of reasons including:
- Difference in tag implementation (e.g. tags are not triggered at the same time)
- Difference in perimeter (e.g. bot exclusion, or difference in domains and subdomains tracked)
- Difference in metric calculation or definitions (e.g. session definition)
How many segments can I import?
There is a limit of 200 segments across all Contentsquare integrations that can be imported.
What happens when I delete an Adobe Analytics segment in Contentsquare?
When you delete an Adobe Analytics segment in Contentsquare, it will not be synchronized anymore and will only be deleted in Contentsquare.
What happens when I delete a synchronized segment in Adobe Analytics?
Contentsquare will no longer be able to synchronize the segment and will return an error. You will have to delete the segment in Contentsquare as well.
What happens when I update the parameters of a segment in Adobe Analytics?
After the update, Contentsquare will automatically start to collect the updated data. However, previous data will not be updated.
How will I be able to tell my segments apart if I have several AA integrations on my project?
Contentsquare automatically uses a distinguishing naming convention to prevent confusion:
[ADOBE] [Integration Name] Segment Name
Ex: If you have two integrations "FR" and "US" to query two different AA views and both use the segment "SEO", the segments will be named "[ADOBE] [US] SEO" and "[ADOBE] [FR] SEO".
How do I change the segment name?
You can only change a segment's name directly in Adobe Analytics. The new segment name will automatically sync and update in Contentsquare.
How many integrations can I create?
You can create a maximum of two (2) integrations.
Can I analyze the data of an Adobe Analytics segment retroactively?
Yes, when you import a segment, you now get the past 72 hours data retroactively. This works only for already existing integrations, not for a newly created one. It can take about an hour for this retroactive data to show on CS Digital.
Does Contentsquare retrieve data or segment conditions directly from Adobe Analytics?
Contentsquare does not retrieve data or segment conditions, we tag CS sessions as part of the Adobe segments imported. This way, you can use segments everywhere in Contentsquare.
How long does it take for segments to synchronize in Contentsquare?
The "Pending" status on the integration request means the synchronization did not start yet. It can take up to 24 hours to activate. When the status changes to "Turned on" the integration is complete and data will be available in Contentsquare.
How do I view Session replay links in Adobe Analytics?
1. Install the CS Live chrome extension.
2. Make sure you are logged into Contentsquare in a separate tab.
3. Create a Workspace or Report in AA based on the eVar used for the AA integration you implemented.
- Adobe Workspace
- Adobe Report
4. Click on any link to watch it in Contentsquare's Session replay feature.