The Metrics API allows you to export aggregated data from your Contentsquare projects. You can set objects and custom parameters to tailor your analysis.
CS KPIs included in the Metrics API:
- Save time by automating your reporting
- Share insights with Execs and teammates without access to the Contentsquare platform
- Build dashboards that consolidate data sources including Contentsquare
- Accumulate data to build a history that goes beyond the data retention period offered on your Contentsquare platform
- Looker Studio connector
- Use account-level API keys (instead of project-level) to benefit from their higher quotas and access to data from all projects on your account.
- Use the multi-metrics endpoints.
- In a script to automate data retrieval from the API, first list all the objects (segments, pages, goals etc.) and then loop over them to query the metrics endpoints with the right context.
- Put retry mechanisms in place to handle the concurrency limit error.
- Be mindful of the timezone used in your query date ranges.
1. To get started:
2. To learn more details continue to read this document and the rest of the Metrics API documentation.
How many requests can I make per project?
15,000 requests/month* (renewed the first day of each month)
8 requests maximum at the same time (to be soon extended to 10)
10 API keys per project
*Note that limitations are tracked at the project level, not at the API key level. So if you have created several API keys for a project, the total number of requests from those keys must not exceed 15,000 over a month.
How many requests can I make per account?
- 300,000 requests/month* (renewed the first day of each month)
- 8 requests maximum at the same time (to be soon extended to 10)
- 10 API keys per account
*Note that limitations are tracked at the account level, not at the API key level. So if you have created several API keys for an account, the total number of requests from those keys must not exceed 300,000 over a month.
Also, note that account-level and project-level limitations are independent. So you can send 300,000 requests with an account API key AND 15,000 requests with a project API key over the same month
Are metrics provided in real-time?
They are provided within a 10 seconds delay after a session ends, same as all CS data. Remember that session is considered to be ended after 30 minutes of inactivity.