Category: Collaboration tools
What to expect
This integration allows you to generate Jira tickets directly inside Contentsquare's Error Analysis feature so you can:
- Identify issues related to errors and session replays and then create tickets
- Share their full context with developers and your most impactful errors with your entire team
- View errors you've already created tickets for and check their current statuses to prioritize issues more efficiently.
- Navigate directly from the error to the related Jira ticket
- Avoid creating several tickets for the same issue and optimize your workflow
1. Go to the 'Console'.
2. Go to the 'Integrations' tab and click 'See integration'.
3. Read the integration details and click 'Add'.
4. Enter your Jira URL, user email, and API Token and click 'Next'.
** The Jira URL and User Email fields are mandatory.
5. Select your 'Default Jira project' and 'Default issue Type' in the second drop-down menu (epic issue, story, task, bug, subtask).
- Use the toggle to either allow or prevent Contentsquare project users to select another issue type.
- Click 'Save'.
6. You'll receive this notification and see the integration listed in your catalog.
How to create a ticket
1. Open the more actions drop-down menu and select 'Create Jira ticket'.
2. Complete the form details. You can edit the title and description of the ticket to add information.
The following information (pulled from the Error module) will pre-populate in the description field:
|Links to Session Replay with the error
|Link to Impact Quantification
If you have information from Jira fields that are required but not supported (see comprehensive list of unsupported fields below) you will see this notification and a locked the create button as shown below :
All unsupported fields
1. A custom field with a default value different than the expected type from the Jira API
2. Custom fields
|Field custom schema
|Text field read only
3. System fields
3. Select 'Create'
4. Once you have saved the ticket, the error row will display the status ‘Sent to Jira’
View the details of an existing JIRA ticket
1. Open the more actions drop-down menu and select 'View Jira tickets'
2 . In the table you can select the 'View ticket' button to open up the ticket details directly in Jira.