When first configuring SSO
for your Contentsquare account you will be able to choose between 'Manual' or 'Automatic' new user validation. Automatic validation is the recommended validation method. It allows admins to configure a default set of accesses and rights for any new users. As a result, all new Contentsquare users on your team will be (by default) attributed this specific set of access and rights, without any manual intervention needed.
SSO Configuration form
How to setup Automatic New User Validation for SSO
When setting up your automatic validation you will be prompted to select the 'Teams' you want new users to be added to by default when they connect using the SSO for the first time. The default Team will provide users with pre-defined access to that Team's Projects' and all those projects' default role configurations. Read this article to learn more about Team management and configuring default roles for projects.
When configuring your SSO you can automatically assign new users to default teams and roles by creating rules.
Ex: All users with an email address that equals to @Contentsquare.com will access the following teams: Global Marketing.
1. Click 'Add new rule' button on your SSO Configuration form.
2. Name your rule and select your first attribute (e.g. email, company). The rule builder will reveal new fields as available fields are completed.
3. Once you've finished adding conditions to your rule you will be able to click the 'Select Teams' button.
4. Select a team(s) and click 'Select'.
5. Click 'Save'.
How to add a new attribution rule
After you've configured your Automatic New User Validation you may want to add new rules as you continue using Contentsquare SSO over time.
Follow these instructions to add new rules:
1. Go to the ⚙️ 'Console' > 'Authentication' > 'SSO' tab
2. Scroll down to 'New Users Provisioning' > click 'Add new rule'