This integration is only available for Web projects
What to expect
This integration allows you to analyze data from anywhere in the customer journey using your Piano Analytics segments. Contentsquare allows you to use your Piano Analytics segments in every Contentsquare feature (Journey Analysis, Page Comparator, Zoning Analysis, Session Replay). To import your segments, you'll need to add a snippet of code to your Piano code configuration. This code pushes a unique identifier to Piano Analytics. It helps us match Piano Analytics sessions with Contentsquare sessions.
What we collect
Refers to the unique value used to cross reference Piano segments with Contentsquare sessions.
In order to use this integration you will need to complete the following tasks:
- Create and retrieve API keys in Piano Analytics
- Create cs_matching_key property in Piano Analytics
- Retrieve site_id (optional)
- Implement Piano Analytics on the Contentsquare side
Create and retrieve API keys
1. Go to Piano Analytics and click 'See profile'.
2. Open 'API keys' tab and click 'Create new API'.
3. Enter a name and description, then click the 'Create a new API key' button.
4. Copy your API Key to store in a safe place and check the 'I confirm that I've noted and saved this API key in a safe place' box.
Create cs_matching_key property
1. Go to Piano Analytics > 'Data Model' > 'Draft'
2. Click 'Create a draft' to create a draft containing all information required to create a property.
3. Test your property in Data Management before validating it on the top of the draft page.
- Prior to validation you can edit the property key and type, resetting it to the Tag Principle condition block only.
- If you tag a property but it is not declared, it will be added to your Data Model as a "Property draft". You will have to edit the property to validate it and let it process the data.
- Property must be called cs_matching_key (case sensitive).
1. Go to Piano Analytics > 'Data Query'
2. To retriever your site_id to use with Contentsquare, create this very basic dataset:
- Perimeter - All organization (or select only the site you want to retrieve the id)
- Property site
- Property Site ID
- Events (recommended so you can have the volume of the site, or any other metric you'd like)
Implement on the Contentsquare side
If you have already completed the step above then continue below.
1. Check 'I have completed the pre-requisites to integration with Piano' and click 'Add'.
2. Fill out the following fields and then click 'Next'.
- Access key - You can go to the Piano Authorization tab to find your Access key
- Client secret - Client secret is used by Piano to login
3. Name your integration and fill out the following fields then click 'Select segment'.
- Site ID - A site is a parameter that stores information about your app or website based on your tagging plan structure.
- Property - For your property select the 'cs_matching_key'
4. Select the segments you've created in Piano that you would like to synchronize with Contentsquare and click 'Select'.
5. Click 'Add integration'.
6. You will see the Piano Analytics integration in your 'Integrations' tab with the status 'Turned on'.
How to edit integrations
To learn how to edit your integration read this article.
How to use segments
1. Once your segments have been successfully imported, they will be available in the Segments feature where you can filter by, 'Source' > 'Piano', to view them all in one place.
2. You can use segments when setting your Analysis Context across Contentsquare features, as shown in the example below;